Where is Porsche Made?
You already know that new Porsche models offer peerless performance, luxury, and technology. No matter if you’re interested in dynamic SUVs like the Cayenne or Macan, or legendary high-performance sports cars like the Porsche 911, you can trust that you’ll take home a world-class automobile.
But, just where is Porsche made? Since its founding in 1931, all Porsche cars have been made in Germany, but they’re made in several factories. Porsche production and factories, as well as more about Porsche history, from the Porsche enthusiasts at Fred Lavery Porsche Company near Rochester Hills!
Where are the Porsche Headquarters and Factories?
Even though Porsche has changed hands through the years, the answer to “what country is Porsche made,” has always stayed the same. The vehicles continue to be produced in locations around Germany. Where is Porsche made? Take a look at the factory locations below:
- Zuffenhausen – The main factory and Porsche headquarters are located in Zuffenhausen, a district of Stuttgart, Germany — the original home of Porsche. This is not only where Porsche sports cars and engines continue to be manufactured, but this is where the very first Porsche car produced! And unlike other automakers, both standard production Porsche models and Porsche racing models are built on the same production line. Zuffenhausen also serves as the location for the Porsche management team, logistics group, and quality management division.
- Leipzig – The second Porsche factory that was built, where the Panamera and the Macan are made, is located in the German state of Sachsen. The Leipzig location also is host to a 3.7 km, FIA-certified racetrack and off-road track for rigorous testing. Guests can also experience the exhilaration of Porsche performance first-hand with a special delivery program.
- Weissach – The Porsche Research and Development Center has been located in Weissach, Germany since 1971, and is currently being expanded and upgraded. Once completed, visitors will find a wind tunnel, a state-of-the-art design studio, and an electronics integration center. Certain Porsche models may come with a Weissach Package, meaning it has received a special lightweight performance package and special features.
- Sachsenheim – Home to the Porsche parts warehouse, this location stocks over 85,000 different Porsche parts available at any given time.
- Ludwigsburg – The Ludwigsburg, Germany offices host the international After Sales department.
- Bietigheim-Bissingen – Porsche Financial Services, Porsche Engineering Group, Porsche Consulting, Porsche Deutschland, and Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft are located here, along with the majority of other Porsche subsidiaries.
Learn More About the Porsche Brand at Fred Lavery Porsche Company
Now that you know the answer to “where is Porsche made,” it’s time to get behind the wheel of your favorite model. Contact us to see how we can help you take home the perfect Porsche for your drives through Farmington Hills and Bloomfield Hills. Also be sure to learn more about Porsche top speeds with our team.